Yesterday evening, Eli snuggled up to Missy, put his head down on her shoulder, and told her, "I love you, Mommy." Missy was charmed, of course, and told Eli, "I love you too!"
Then Eli looked up at Missy and told her, "No Mommy, *I* say 'I love you too'!" Apparently Eli had figured out that since it's usually Missy or I telling Eli that we love him first, he's the one who is supposed to tack on the "too" on the end!
Pretty good pattern recognition there by Eli, even if not precisely correct from a grammatical standpoint. :-)
3 months ago
2 comments:
Ah ha! Smart boy!! But, does he know its 'too', not 'to', 'two' or '2'?
That's a pretty good question! Maybe next time he says "I love you too" and we're in a silly mood, I'll tell him "I love you three!" and see what he thinks about that. :-)
Post a Comment