Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Elijah's Potty Mouth

A few days ago we were all in the living room when Jon happened to, how shall we say this, pass gas. Elijah immediately started yelling, "poo poo, poo poo" and pointing at Jon. Priceless.

While we are on the poo poo subject, Elijah almost invariably tells me when he goes poo poo now. I think that's a pretty cool milestone, and it helps take the guess work out of if he has a dirty diaper. On Monday he went into the bathroom and stood in front of the toilet yelling poo poo. I checked it out and he was indeed going. He did that three times on Monday (with three you know whats). I don't think he's ready for potty training yet, but maybe putting a little potty chair of his own in the bathroom would be a good idea?

Then again, he could just like the word poo poo - last week whenever I asked him what sound the train made (which normally gets a choo choo) he would only respond with "poo poo" and a big laugh. I didn't think liking gross stuff and potty humor came until a few years later in a boy's life!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Sounds like Eli and Joshua are right at the same stage in this area. I had someone ask me if I was thinking of potty training him - HA! He is just becoming aware of his bodily functions, I don't think he is quite ready for potty training yet!