Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What Goes Around Comes Around

As the title suggests, Elijah's tummy bug transferred to the rest of our little family pretty quickly. By Thursday his tummy had seemed to calm down, just in time for Mom and Dad's to act up. As an added perk I (Missy) had flu-like symptoms as well - a fever, the chills, aches everywhere, and a headache. Yucky!!

On Saturday morning I thought I felt a lot better - good enough to go to my morning Bible study meeting and also tell my cousins from out of town to keep our appointed weekend plans and come on over. I did pretty well, and actually had an appetite back. But then came the fateful decision to have some pop at the movie we went to. Major bloating and my tummy was not pleased. You can't take it back once you've done it though! Then to top it off, while we painted pottery I got a bagel and cream cheese from Panera. I don't know what I was thinking! At the time it sounded really good and I thought the bread would be good for my tummy. Cream cheese isn't usually recommended for upset stomachs though! After pottery we rented a movie and headed back home, but within an hour I was done for. Back to the vomiting/diarrhea/flu stuff all over again!

Sunday I felt a lot better again - and actually stayed that way! I was very tired though and took a nice long nap after Stacy and Kelly left for home. And now I'm feeling back to my old self 100%!

Fortunately Jon only got a mild case of the tummy bug and could take care of me and Elijah without much problem. On the positive side of things, I got a chance to read a lot of books in the bathroom, and lost 5 pounds from the whole thing. I don't think I'd want to be sick like that very often, but with side effects like that being sick every once in a while sure is tempting!

No comments: