Elijah just loves blueberries. It's amazing how many he can eat in one sitting! Missy took Eli to the mall the other day with his old formula container -- about the size of a medium juice glass -- full of blueberries, and Eli managed to polish off the entire contents of the container while they were there, on top of a good amount of food shared from the lunch that Missy and I ate at Olga's!
We've taken to saving the fruit that we give Eli at meals for last; otherwise Eli will tend to ignore his other food and just eat the fruit! Blueberries are tops on this list; strawberries and oranges are also favorites of Eli's, and he likes Bananas too, although to a somewhat lesser extent. Eli will also hold and feed himself an entire peeled nectarine or pluot (plum/apricot hybrid) at the end of a meal. (He gets excited when we present him with an entire big piece of fruit, making an "oooh" shape with his mouth.)
Eli's interest in fruit has been good for Missy and I, as we're both eating a lot more fruit than we used to! I didn't even really like strawberries or blueberries before and we'd never keep them in the house, but now I'm regularly taking several of one or the other to work for snacks (whereas I used to snack on pretzels or m&m's).
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment