Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trick-or-treat at Daddy's Work!

For Halloween this year we headed off to Jon’s office to go trick-or-treating from office to office again. A few weeks ago, after we bought Eli's costume, Elijah asked me (without prompting) if we were going to go to Daddy's work and get candy again. I was surprised he remembered it from last year, but he did! The extra bonus for this year was that we had three girls with us to join in the fun. Trick-or-treating was actually on Halloween this year, and it was Friday so we had Lexi and Tori with us, and then, of course, our little Matea came along as well. So, a dinosaur, a soldier, Rapunzel, a little ladybug, and a mommy went off to get treats at GFS on Friday afternoon.

Eli and the girls had a great time – Lexi quote, “This is awesome. I love it here.” – and even got to see a giant blow-up Scooby-doo (which the girls gave hugs and kisses to and told him that they love him). We also saw one of Jon’s co-workers dressed up as Batman, and Tori was almost beside herself with excitement as she told him, “You are my favorite superhero.” I’m not sure she understood that it wasn’t really Batman, but I wasn’t going to burst her bubble. :)

It’s really cool that Jon’s office has such a fun family event, and there were a ton of kids there. I’m so glad we got to go again, and Eli’s already asking to go back next year (well, he’s actually asking to go back every day and I’m explaining to him that it’s only once a year). And this year since the office visit was actually on Halloween it was a good warm up for the main event!

Checking out the "Gordy" pumpkin - Tori said, "This guy's creepy!"20081031_8923 Surveying their candy options, a critical step.20081031_8930

Scooby Scooby Doo, we found you. You're working at Gordon Food Service . . .20081031_8936

We've collected it, now it's time to eat it!20081031_8939

Ladybug (minus her hat) on the table!20081031_8940

No comments: