Eli and Matea have both been saying some new things recently!
Eli has increasingly been talking about, or referring to, things that happened in the past. Instead of saying something something happened "yesterday," though, he'll say that something happened "last day." As in, "remember when we played at Lexi and Tori's house last day, Daddy?" I'll reply and use the correct term, e.g. "I do remember when we did that yesterday, Eli!" Hearing Eli say "last day" is cute; it will be interesting to see when he starts saying "yesterday"!
Eli's favorite word a few weeks ago was "panic." Whenever he was feeling exited about something, or just feeling silly, he'd randomly say "panic!" and then just grin or laugh. It didn't really make sense -- I still don't think he understands what the word means -- but it was cute anyway!
This past week, the new word of the moment for Eli is "punka." That's the word he's been breaking out this week when he feels silly. It makes even less sense than "panic" -- since, as far as we can tell, he made it up himself -- but it's funny! (Editorial note: Missy just looked over my shoulder at this post, and she informs me that the "correct" pronunciation is "punga", with a "g". I still maintain it's "punka," though. I guess only Eli knows for sure!)
Matea, meanwhile, has added a high-pitched squeal to her repertoire of sounds she can make. She started doing it one day while watching Eli, Lexi, and Tori run around and play and squeal at each other.
Matea has also started making "raspberries" with her lips over the past few days. She gets a big smile on her face when she does a raspberry, and then Missy or Grandma K. or I does it back to her! Maybe she'll be a trumpet player like Daddy (and Grandma S., and Great-Grandma Synder (Conant) -- Matea would be a 4th generation trumpet player)!
1 comment:
Matea would be a Fifth (5th) generation trumpet player: 1) Elmer Conant, 2) Corinne Conant Gustafson Snyder, 3) Amanda Gustafson Schneider, 4) Jon Scott Schneider and 5) Matea!
Post a Comment