Tuesday, March 28, 2006

First Temper Tantrum (Eli, not Mommy).

Last night (Monday night), Eli threw a temper tantrum. Complete with screaming, kicking legs, arching back, the whole nine yards (so dramatic!).

It started when I (Missy) wouldn't let him chew on his "Doggies" board book. I took it away saying, "We don't chew on books," and handed him another toy. Well, he didn't take too kindly to this! He plopped himself on the ground (he had been on kneeling against the couch), and proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs and kick his hands and feet against the ground as fast as he could. I ignored him, so he stopped after about 20 seconds and decided to just play with the toy I had given him. He was one ticked off little camper though. Raising this little one just got a whole lot more interesting, and challenging too!

1 comment:

Amanda Gustafson Schneider said...

Eli's daddy, Jon, had exactly one, very similar, tantrum - when he was 14 months old. I reacted the same way Missy did - I walked out of the room and ignored him. The tantrum ended very quickly and was never repeated -- because it did not produce the desired result! Grandma Amanda