Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Another weekend o' baby fun!

The weekends left until the baby get here are winding down. So Jon and I made good use of this past weekend. We went shopping for nursery stuff (curtain rods, ledges, diapers, new pajamas for the hospital), packed our hospital bag (well, mostly), installed our new curtain rod and curtains, and even had time to go out for dinner and see the new Star Wars movie! All this with only a minimum of fighting, mostly because little Ms. Hormonal gets worked up over every little thing. :) We even installed the baby seat in the car – the last thing that HAD to be done before they will let us actually take our baby home with us. So now all we really need is the baby. But I’m hoping he hangs in there a little longer so our chair can show up and I can finish decorating the nursery. Even without decorations the nursery is really cute though. I’m such a dork – I go in there all the time and just sit and look around. It’s my favorite room in the house now. :)

This next weekend promises to be just as busy, but I’m hoping to get a few more things done. We’re seeing friends on Friday night and Monday, and hopefully seeing Jon’s dad on Saturday. And it’s our 6-year anniversary on Sunday! So we’re planning to celebrate (Elijah cooperating, of course) by going out for one last swanky dinner as just the two of us, before our lives are altered forever (everyone keeps saying for the better and I’m sure that will be true, but I still think it’s okay for us to feel a little sad about our time as being just Jon and Missy coming to an end).

No comments: