I can hardly believe it, but it was two years ago today (tonight, but who’s checking) that precious Matea came in to the world! Two years ago today I was still pregnant, having contractions on and off during the day, rushing to get Eli’s three year old pictures taken since I hadn’t yet, telling the photographer that I was okay, I was just in labor (you should have seen her face). Then after dinner Jon told me to get in the car, even when I still wasn’t sure. I thank God I actually listened to my husband, because I never want to get to the hospital so late again! 9 minutes in the labor and delivery room and sweet Matea was born!
Two years later and our Matea makes our life more interesting and more joyful every day (sometimes more frustrating too, but that’s okay). She is opinionated and knows what she wants, and very independent. She loves purses, shoes, hats, sunglasses, hairbows (but not getting her hair combed), anything her brother is playing with, and her red blankie and pacifiers. She is in to everything, yet also very organized at the same time. She gets very upset when people take their shoes off when they are not supposed to, and when people leave the bathroom door open.
She is also very helpful and puts her toys away when asked – completely! And the minute you say we are going somewhere she brings me my shoes, then Eli his shoes, and then gets her shoes. She loves to be on the go, and is happiest when we are out and about. When we come home from a day running she starts to cry when we turn in the subdivision and says, “No! No! No! Go! Go!”
She also loves to read, but longer books like Cordoroy, etc. She has not interest in the shorter baby books that talk about colors, numbers, etc. And she MUST pick out her own books (don’t try to circumvent this, it is just not worth it). She also firmly believes every color is blue. When I tell her something is a different color she tells me, “No. Blue!” And just so you know, every shape is now a circle, people.
Matea is talking more and more and saying two words together now. We haven’t heard three words together yet (since I don’t think “No! No! No!” counts), but I’m sure that’s coming! She is very polite saying, “Cheese!” for please, and usually saying “Elcome” for you’re welcome (but she says it when she’s supposed to say thank you). She is also very good at giving directions – right here, this one, that one, no, no, no, no, that way. And she has the cutest little lilting “uh-huh” to confirm that you deciphered what she requested through all her, “This one. No. That one. No.”
She is still a bit of a peanut. Her two year stats were 25 pounds (it kept going between 24 pounds 8 ounces and 25 pounds), which is the 25th percentile, and 34 inches tall, the 55th percentile. She jumped up percentiles in both measures this last few months, which the doctor was very pleased about.
She is our little blessing and is living up to her name - “gift from God.” We can’t imagine life without our precious princess, and can’t wait to see what the next year holds. We love you princess Matea!
2 comments:
Grandma Amanda and Grandpa Terry love you Matea! Happy 2nd Birthday!!
Time flies when you having fun! Happy Birthday Matea!
Post a Comment