Thursday, December 03, 2009

November Recap

Looking over my pictures from November I realized I 1) Took almost no pictures and 2) Our month looked pretty boring in the pictures I did take. However, I know we were busy, and we were sick, so there you go. Even on the trips we did take (Ohio for a weekend and then Thanksgiving) I took one picture. COMBINED. What?!? I must have been having an out-of-body experience for the whole month. Don’t know what I was doing, but being a shutterbug I was not. Oh well. 

Anyway, here’s a recap of our November, based upon my pictures since I have no memory of the things we actually did.  :)

Matea found Eli’s old sunglasses and wore them around the house for almost an entire day. I had forgotten that, but hey, I have a picture of it!

Hollywood here I come!IMG_0145 

Matea was sick after our visit to Ohio (I’m not sure what it was but she had a high temp and was clearly miserable but only for about 4 days and then was fine). She wanted to lay around all day . . . and really liked to lay on a pillow with Eli. Or just on Eli if he’d let her, which he did. He was super sweet to Matea while she wasn’t feeling well. Awwww. IMG_0152

We built forts . . . which we do a lot (I love making forts!). But for some reason I decided to take pictures only once, and then of the smallest fort we built. Go figure.IMG_0162

Matea enjoyed wrecking the forts, much to Eli’s consternation (and yes, this was taken the last day Matea was sick . . . obviously she’s starting to feel better). IMG_0157

Matea started wearing her hair down more, instead of in her trademark “whale spout.” Momentous people, momentous. I took a picture so obviously I cared about it. :)IMG_0189

For Thanksgiving we made a really fun craft with the kids . . . making turkeys out of Styrofoam cups. The kids LOVED painting the cups and then the feathers and then gluing it all together. Best craft ever . . . seriously.  I loved that they could do most of the steps themselves and I could make some turkeys too.IMG_0218

Eli’s turkeys! He had help with the “M”s and the football wings, but the rest he did himself.IMG_0199

We also made turkey cupcakes. A whole flock. :)IMG_0219

And this is my only picture from Thanksgiving . . . seriously, I don’t know where I was or what I was doing. I must have been off being thankful . . . yeah, that sounds good.

Mommy must have been super-thankful for me, because I’m the only thing she took a picture of!IMG_0226

There you have it folks . . . our exciting November. I didn’t even take pictures of my house decorated for fall (which I’ll regret next year when I try to remember where I put things). Hopefully December will get more screen time than November! :)

No comments: