- While driving past some fields in Byron, I asked Eli what kind of plants he thought were growing. He paused for a second and then said, "Meat plants!" I explained that meat came from animals, so if you ate bacon it was from a pig, and if you ate chicken it was from a uh chicken (smooth, I know). Eli was laughing at me as I explained this and said, "Mommy, that is so silly!" The I explained that if you ate steak or a cheeseburger it was from a cow. Well, he just looked at me like I didn't have a brain in my head and said in a I-can't-believe-my-Mother-is-this-dumb-voice, "Mommy, cows give us milk!"
- On the way home yesterday Elijah, out of the blue, said, "Mommy, Matea doesn't even know that Matea is her name!" I told him that he was right, but that if we kept saying her name to her she would figure it out, just like Elijah figured out that when Mommy and Daddy said Elijah that we were talking about him. Eli seemed with me so far, and then told me, "Mommy, when you were born you didn't even know your name was Mommy! You came out of Grandma's tummy and she had to tell you your name was Mommy!" Something like that, Eli, something like that. :)
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment