We've gone biking together since then quite a bit, and Noah is turning into quite the biker. The first weekend we all had bikes Noah, Jon, and I went on a 6 mile ride while Lori, Mom, and Jeff, helped the girls. The next day Noah was all fired up to do a 10 mile ride. So Jon, Jeff, Noah, and I headed out to the trails. We accomplished the feat, with Noah still having plenty of energy, and the old fogeys dead-dog tired.
Elijah wasn't too sure about this bike riding thing at first - he protested quite a bit the first time we tried to put him in the bike trailer (he couldn't see Lexi and Tori and didn't like that). Now he likes it more though (I would like it too if I got snacks, a drink, books, and the pleasure of not having to do the work!). I think the cutest thing though is that he will sing to Jon while Jon is pulling him. I'll bike up beside them and hear Eli just belting out songs - Zaccheus, the B-I-B-L-E, and Old McDonald.
Besides the Kent Trails, which are great, we also found a beautiful trail in Middleville that goes through a wetland, with herons and swans, and then a beautiful forest. Two weeks ago when the weather was so nice, Mom, Jon, Eli, and I headed over there for a ride after dinner. What a gorgeous evening for a ride! I wish Jon and I had gotten more in to bike riding before, but it's better late than never! I brought my camera that day, so here are some pics of us biking . . .
Elijah's riding in comfort with snacks, books,
and toys all at his fingertips!
and toys all at his fingertips!
Eli gets out of the trailer at the end of the trail andlines up his snacks on the back of Dad's bike. Very organized, Eli!
Here's a view of the trail -it went right through a beautiful forest and marsh land.
Elijah climbs the rail at the end of the trailto get the wiggles out before heading back into his trailer.

No comments:
Post a Comment