The other trick that Elijah developed while we left him at Grandma's (for one night!) is that he decided to stop drinking formula – he had only had 7.5 ounces ALL DAY LONG up to when we picked him up at 4 pm. His formula intake had been scaling back for the last week or so, now that he is eating more and more solid food, but nothing this dramatic! He was more than willing to drink his water from his sippy cup, but not formula, and definitely not a bottle of formula! He just would clamp his lips shut and turn his head and then whine until he got his water. I was a little concerned about this, since he still needs formula as the main source of nutrition for the next few months still. Visions of starving baby Eli rushed through my head.
Anyway, Elijah ended up only drinking 17 ounces for the whole day on Sunday (!!) but on Monday he was back up to 24 ounces. I think that’s where he’s going to stay for now. He eats two big meals a day (a half or cup or a little more) and water throughout the day (probably 2-3 ounces total all day), and just shows no interest in drinking any more formula than around 24 ounces. I don’t want to make a big deal out of feedings and create issues, so as long as he still is growing fine and looking healthy (besides that cold that he’s going to have until he’s 21 – I swear!), then I’m fine with it and am not going to stress. I’d prefer no more days of refusing formula completely though! Listen to your mother, Elijah, and be a good little formula-drinking boy!
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment